Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

Lady Philippa Marbury is odd. The bespectacled, brilliant fourth daughter of the Marquess of Needham and Dolby cares more for books than balls, flora than fashion and science than the season. Nearly engaged to Lord Castleton, Pippa wants to explore the scandalous parts of London she's never seen before marriage. And she knows just who to ask: the tall, charming, quick-witted bookkeeper of The Fallen Angel, London's most notorious and coveted gaming hell, known only as Cross. 
Like any good scientist, Pippa's done her research and Cross's reputation makes him perfect for her scheme. She wants science without emotion—the experience of ruination without the repercussions of ruination. And who better to provide her with the experience than this legendary man? But when this odd, unexpected female propositions Cross, it's more than tempting . . . and it will take everything he has to resist following his instincts—and giving the lady precisely what she wants.
I've been not so patiently waiting for this book since I read the first book of Sarah MacLean's The Rules of Scoundrels series, A Rogue by Any Other Name. I enjoyed the first book, a lot. And my expectations for the second book were very high.  And I'm very happy to say that my expectations were met and exceeded.  I loved this book! 

Both the main characters, Pippa and Cross, were wonderful.  Pippa is what people think as odd, she is more interested in botany and anatomy than social graces; Cross is self exiled from society because of an accident he believes that he caused, wants no part of the Ton, he also has a protective streak which is very endearing.   When Pippa approaches him to help with her research, he refuses, but he cannot get her out of his mind. He finds Pippa a breathe of fresh air, and ever so tempting.

The steam level in this book is out of this world! Their romance is sizzling, they definitely do not lack chemistry. Hot, hot and hot...
“I am going to ruin you, Pippa. I shall show you pleasure you’ve never known, the kind you’ve never dreamed. Over and over and over until you beg me never to stop.”
See what I mean?

The next book, Temple's story (squee moment!) is coming out in late August, No Good Duke Goes Unpunished.  

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean (5/5) Historical Romance; Published: Avon (1/2013); Series: # 2, The Rules of Scoundrels; Format: Ebook for Kindle; New Release 2013 (1); Favorite Reads 2013; Books 2013 (15); 

2 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

This sounds like such a good read that I instantly added it to the TBR list! I haven't read this author before but she has been on my must read list for awhile now. I love the cover to this one too. GREAT review!!

Marg said...

I really love this author's books. I really need to read this one!